Metrics-Based Process Mapping (MBPM)—developed by Mike Osterling and Karen Martin—is a tactical-level mapping approach that enables improvement teams to make effective, data-based decisions about designing processes and measuring process performance.
The mapping technique—often used to drill down from a value stream map or provide the input for developing standard work—integrates the functional orientation of swimlane process maps with key time and quality metrics, which provide teams with an unequivocal way to identify waste and design better workflows. And summary metrics define the degree of improvement that can be expected. Course handouts include a Charter, Improvement Action Plan, Preparation and Kickoff Tips, and more! What you’ll learn:
1. The difference between processes and value streams
2. When to map processes
3. How to create Metrics-Based Process Maps
4. How to use key time and quality metrics to design improved processes
5. How to quantify the benefits of improved processes
The uninterrupted viewing time for this course is 1 hr and 14 minutes.
Licenses are valid for one learner only and are not transferable.
What You’ll Earn
When you pass the final exam with a score of 70% or higher, you’ll receive a signed and dated course completion certificate and earn an Achievement Badge.
TKMG Academy Achievement Badges are digital credentials, which verify your continued commitment to learning and development. Learners can share them on LinkedIn and other social sites, and add them to resumes and email signatures, validating their commitment to continuous improvement and growth.
- Lesson 1 – Introduction
- Lesson 2 – Processes Vs. Value Streams: Process Structure
- Lesson 3 – MBPM Structure
- Lesson 4 – Key Metrics
- Lesson 5 – Mapping Preparation: Charter Development (Part 1)
- Lesson 6 – Mapping Preparation: Charter Development (Part 2)
- Lesson 7 – Mapping Preparation: Logistics
- Lesson 8 – Understanding the Current State: 1st Pass
- Lesson 9 – Understanding the Current State: 2nd Pass (Part 1)
- Lesson 10 – Understanding the Current State: 2nd Pass (Part 2)
- Lesson 11 – Understanding the Current State: 3rd Pass
- Lesson 12 – Future State Design
- Lesson 13 – Implementing the Future State Design