If you are in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you may have additional data rights. Please refer to the “EU Data Rights” section below. For purposes of the GDPR, TKMG Academy is the “controller” of your Personal Information, as defined below.
We collect certain information about you when you access or use the Services. This information may personally identify you or have the potential to personally identify you (“Personal Information”). This section describes the Personal Information we collect and the sources of that information.
Information We Collect
- Identifiers: We may collect your full name, email address, physical address, phone number, IP Address, device ID, or other similar identifiers. We may also collect any other Personal Information that you provide to us, such as social media identifiers, language preference, or website URL.
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information: We may collect information regarding your interaction with the Services, including time and geolocation data, pages visited, links clicked, emails opened, language preferences, and the pages that led or referred you to our Services. We may also collect information automatically from your device, such as device type, operating system and Internet browser type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, plug-ins, and add-ons. When we send you emails, we also collect information that helps us measure the performance of our email campaigns, including whether you received the email, opened the email, and whether you clicked on any links contained in the email.
- Geolocation Data: We may collect your physical location or infer your physical location based on your IP address, mailing address, or other network or voluntarily-provided information.
- Commercial Information: We may collect information about the products or services you have purchase, obtained, or considered from us, including past order information and whether you have attended any of our live seminars. We also collect information about which of our courses you complete. (For clarification, “complete” means you scored 70% or higher on the course evaluation.)
- Payment Information: In order to process your order, we collect credit card information or other payment information.
- Professional or Employment-related Information: We may collect job-related information from you, such as your title, manager, company, or website. You provide this Personal Information in your Learning Academy account profile, through your voluntary communications with us, by providing contact or payment information (such as your email address or company credit card), or by responding to an email, newsletter, or survey.
Information We Do Not Collect
- When you use or access the Services, we do not collect sensitive personal information or “special-category data,” such as information about your racial or ethnic origin, religion, gender, or medical conditions. We also do not collect sensitive identifiers, such as social security numbers or passport numbers.
- We do not knowingly or intentionally collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we discover that we have collected information about a child, we delete the information as soon as possible.
You may refuse to provide, or request that we delete, certain categories of Personal Information we have about you. However, if our collection of the Personal Information is necessary for you to access or use the Services, we may be unable to provide the Services to you.
- You provide some Personal Information to us directly. For example, you provide Identifiers and Payment Information to purchase a course. You also need to provide Identifiers such as email address or full name to subscribe to our newsletter or contact us.
- Third parties or public sources may provide us with certain Personal Information. For example, we may collect Personal Information from publicly accessible social media profiles and posts, private third parties, law enforcement, or public sources, to the extent we deem it necessary to do so for the purposes described in the Data Uses section below.
- We may generate information about you based on our relationship with you, such as product preferences, or which courses you have completed.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
This section describes the legal bases upon which, and the purposes for which, we process your Personal Information. We process your Personal Information:
- For legitimate business interests which outweigh the general privacy rights of individual data subjects. This includes but is not limited to analyzing and improving our Services and business operations; ensuring the security and availability of the Services; and monitoring use of the Services to prevent fraud or abuse.
- To comply with a legal obligation or requirement. We use and process your Personal Information when we believe doing so is necessary to comply with laws and regulations, pursuant to a judicial authorization, or to exercise or defend our legal rights or those of a third party.
- With your consent. We process your Personal Information to send you our newsletter and other marketing communications that you requested or to which you affirmatively subscribed, or to respond to inquiries and questions that you initiated.
If we need to process your Personal Information for a purpose other than that for which the information was initially collected, we will provide you with information about that other purpose before we further process your Personal Information.
Data Sharing and Disclosure
We may share your Personal Information with third parties:
- With your consent. We share your Personal Information if you affirmatively consent to it. If we are legally obligated to obtain your consent prior to sharing your Personal Information, we notify you of the specific purpose for which we are obtaining your consent, and we do not share beyond that purpose without notifying you of and obtaining additional consent for further disclosure.
- For legal disclosure. We may share your information with third parties when we reasonably believe disclosure is required or permitted in order to comply with a subpoena, court order or other applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- To protect us or others. We may share your information to the extent we believe that sharing such information is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our products or services, our customers, or others.
- As aggregate information. We may share certain aggregated, non-personally identifying information internally or with others for purposes of research, reporting, and benchmarking.
- As a result of merger or sale of our business. We may share Personal Information if we are involved in a merger, sale, financing, liquidation, bankruptcy or acquisition of corporate entities or business units.
We do not sell any Personal Information for any reason.
Data Access and Control
Your Learning Academy Account
You can access, delete, or update the Personal Information in your Learning Academy Account by logging into your account at www.learn.tkmgacademy.com and navigating to “My Profile & Settings.”
Opt Out of Electronic Communications
You can opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email you receive from us. We may still send you customer service, order information, or other account administration emails as necessary to provide the Services.
You may also access, update, alter, or delete certain Personal Information we have about you by contacting us using the information provided in the “Contact Information” section below.
Opt Out of Credly Credentials
If you choose to claim a course completion badge, you must do so within 6 months of completing the course. TKMG Academy has no obligation to retain information about your course completion status if you do not claim an available badge within 6 months of course completion.
If you do not want us to share your personal information with Credly, or if you want us to delete the personal information related to your course completion status, please contact us at email@example.com.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so. We monitor our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks, and we use a variety of security technologies and organizational procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also limit access to your Personal Information to those personnel with a need to know in order to perform job duties for us.
EU Data Rights
If you access the Services while physically located in the European Economic Area, you may have certain rights under applicable data protection laws, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which include the rights to:
- Request access to and obtain a copy of your Personal Information;
- Request correction of incorrect or inaccurate Personal Information you have provided;
- Request erasure of Personal Information that we no longer need to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or that no longer serves our other legitimate interests;
- Object to or restrict the processing of your Personal Information;
- Request transfer of your Personal Information to a third party;
- Not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing; and
- Withdraw consent to process your Personal Information that we process on the basis of consent. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before you withdraw consent.
You may request to exercise any of the rights above by contacting us using the information in the Contact Information section below. We may ask you to provide information to verify your identity and right to access the information in your request. We will consider and act upon any such requests in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
International Data Transfers
Do Not Track
As part of our commitment to transparency and protecting your privacy, we recognize and respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals.
Third Party Links
TKMG Academy, Inc.
Phone: (972) 837-5536
Address: 1408 N. Riverfront Blvd 305, Dallas, TX 75207, USA
Last Updated: March 22, 2020