5S—which stands for Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardize, and Sustain—is a disciplined management practice that originated in Japan, with a primary goal of improving work safety and performance by making the abnormal stand out from the normal.
In this course, Brent Loescher shows how a work environment that adopts and adheres to 5S can transform the organization and provide a strong foundation for ongoing business performance improvement—and provides practical how to’s for adopting and sustaining the practice. What you’ll learn:
1. What 5S is
2. The problems it solves
3. How it benefits customers, team members, and the organization itself
4. How to develop strong 5S practices within your organization
5. And how to sustain this powerful practice
The uninterrupted viewing time for this course is 1 hour and 32 minutes.
Licenses are valid for one learner only and are not transferable.
What You’ll Earn
When you pass the final exam with a score of 70% or higher, you’ll receive a signed and dated course completion certificate and earn an Achievement Badge.
TKMG Academy Achievement Badges are digital credentials, which verify your continued commitment to learning and development. Learners can share them on LinkedIn and other social sites, and add them to resumes and email signatures, validating their commitment to continuous improvement and growth.
- Lesson 1 – 5S Defined (Part 1)
- Lesson 2 – 5S Defined (Part 2)
- Lesson 3 – Common Misconceptions
- Lesson 4 – Customer Benefits
- Lesson 5 – Team Member Benefits
- Lesson 6 – Organizational Benefits
- Lesson 7 – Kickoff Activity Planning (Part 1)
- Lesson 8 – Kickoff Activity Planning (Part 2)
- Lesson 9 – Sort (Part 1)
- Lesson 10 – Sort (Part 2)
- Lesson 11 – Set in Order
- Lesson 12 – Shine
- Lesson 13 – Standardize
- Lesson 14 – Sustain
- Lesson 15 – Maturation