In today’s rapid-fire business environment, there are too many problems to be solved and too many opportunities to be leveraged to operate without well-designed work systems. Value stream design and management is powerful means for assuring that an organization delivers value to customers in the safest, most effective, and most efficient manner.
In this second of two courses on the subject, instructor Karen Martin (co-author of the award-winning book, Value Stream Mapping) explains how to hold Discovery & Design sessions that result in deep understanding about the way work is currently performed, innovative designs for improving complex work systems, actionable plans for realizing the future state design, and a means for measuring results. What you’ll learn:
1. How to use data to deepen understanding about the work
2. How to create high-quality current and future state value stream maps that guide transformation decisions
3. How to create and manage a transformation plan for executing improvement cycles
4. How to gain consensus and alignment across a large part of the organization
The uninterrupted viewing time for this course is 1 hour and 5 minutes.
Licenses are valid for one learner only and are not transferable.
What You'll Earn
Learners who pass the final exam with a score of 70% or higher receive a signed, dated, and numbered course completion certificate and Achievement Badge.
TKMG Academy Achievement Badges include digital credentials—issued by Credly—which verify accomplishment. Learners can easily share their badges on LinkedIn and other social sites—and with employers and professional associations—to demonstrate their commitment to continuous learning and growth.
- Lesson 1 – Discovery & Design Sessions
- Lesson 2 – Setting the Stage for Success
- Lesson 3 – Understanding the Current State: Data
- Lesson 4 – Understanding the Current State: Process Blocks
- Lesson 5 – Understanding the Current State: Value Stream Walks
- Lesson 6 – Understanding the Current State: Information Flow
- Lesson 7 – Understanding the Current State: Metrics & Barriers to Flow
- Lesson 8 – Transitioning to Future State Design
- Lesson 9 – Future State Design Principles
- Lesson 10 – Designing the Future State
- Lesson 11 – Developing & Executing the Transformation Plan