Too many organizations today suffer from silo-centric behavior and intra-organizational conflict. Yet most don’t understand what’s holding them back from achieving outstanding performance.
Value stream analysis, design, and management is a customer-centric approach to work system design that helps organizations visualize and resolve disconnects, redundancies, and gaps in their value delivery systems—resulting in higher quality, faster delivery, lower cost, and healthier work environments.
This is the first of two courses on the subject and focuses on the preparation period that’s necessary prior to beginning the process of value stream transformation. What you’ll learn:
1. What value streams are and how they differ from processes
2. The purpose of and components in a well-crafted value stream transformation charter
3. How to select metrics for measuring the success of value stream transformation
4. How to prepare for value stream Discovery & Design sessions
The uninterrupted viewing time for this course is 56 minutes.
Licenses are valid for one learner only and are not transferable.
What You’ll Earn
When you pass the final exam with a score of 70% or higher, you’ll receive a signed and dated course completion certificate and earn an Achievement Badge.
TKMG Academy Achievement Badges are digital credentials, which verify your continued commitment to learning and development. Learners can share them on LinkedIn and other social sites, and add them to resumes and email signatures, validating their commitment to continuous improvement and growth.
- Lesson 1 – Introduction
- Lesson 2 – Defining Value Streams
- Lesson 3 – Six Phases of Value Stream Transformation
- Lesson 4 – Forming a Planning Team
- Lesson 5 – Developing the Charter (Part 1): Business Needs & Metrics
- Lesson 6 – Developing the Charter (Part 2): Scope
- Lesson 7 – Developing the Charter (Part 3): People
- Lesson 8 – Developing the Charter (Part 4): Facilitator
- Lesson 9 – Developing the Charter (Part 5): Logistics & Charter Socialization