Strategy Deployment (also known as Hoshin Kanri and Policy Deployment) is a structured approach to narrowing an organization’s focus on those activities that truly move its strategy forward. By executing fewer projects at once, managing them better, and learning to say “not yet” or “no,” organizations are able to produce far greater results than poorly-focused execution enables.
The resulting strategy deployment plan typically spans an organization’s fiscal year, but it can begin reaping the benefits that result from operating with greater clarity, focus, discipline, and organization-wide engagement at any point in a financial cycle.
1. The benefits of adopting strategy deployment as a foundational leadership practice,
2. How to conduct an “extra effort inventory,” which clarifies the current state and serves as an input into the resulting strategy deployment plan,
3. How to define and prioritize the highest-value actions needed to achieve one’s strategy,
3. How to develop, socialize, and manage the strategy deployment plan,
4. And how to use catchball to build organization-wide consensus with the plan (which leads to plan adherence).
The uninterrupted viewing time for this course is 56 minutes. Includes three high-value templates and summaries.
Licenses are valid for one learner only and are not transferable.
What You'll Earn
Learners who pass the final exam with a score of 70% or higher receive a signed, dated, and numbered course completion certificate and Achievement Badge.
TKMG Academy Achievement Badges include digital credentials—issued by Credly—which verify accomplishment. Learners can easily share their badges on LinkedIn and other social sites—and with employers and professional associations—to demonstrate their commitment to continuous learning and growth.
- Lesson 1 – Introduction
- Lesson 2 – Clarifying Strategy
- Lesson 3 – Strategy Execution as Problem Solving
- Lesson 4 – Strategy Deployment Structure
- Lesson 5 – Creating a Strategy Deployment Plan: Part 1 (Conduct Extra Effort Inventory)
- Lesson 6 – Plan Development: Part 2 (Review & Consolidate Extra Effort Inventory)
- Lesson 7 – Plan Development: Part 3 (Define Annual Goals & KPIs)
- Lesson 8 – Plan Development: Part 4 (Choose Priorities: Step 1)
- Lesson 9 – Plan Development: Part 4 (Choose Priorities: Step 2)
- Lesson 10 – Plan Development: Part 5 (Consider Level of Effort)
- Lesson 11 – Plan Development: Part 6 (Play Catchball)
- Lesson 12 – Plan Development: Part 7 (Finalize & Socialize the Plan)
- Lesson 13 – Plan Management
- Lesson 14 – Final Considerations