Root cause analysis is a systematic methodology for identifying the true cause or causes for a problem—a gap to be closed—so a proper countermeasure can be selected and tested. Root cause analysis helps problem solvers avoid operating with biases, making assumptions, and leaping to premature solutions before they have an adequate understanding of the reason for the problem. What you’ll learn:
1. The common habits related to root cause analysis that get in the way of effective problem solving
2. How to define and break problems down to create a manageable scope for applying root cause analysis
3. The overall process for the three phases of Root Cause Analysis: brainstorming, prioritization, and validation
4. And specific methods for each phase
The uninterrupted viewing time for this course is 1 hour and 43 minutes.
Licenses are valid for one learner only and are not transferable.
What You'll Earn
Learners who pass the final exam with a score of 70% or higher receive a signed, dated, and numbered course completion certificate and Achievement Badge.
TKMG Academy Achievement Badges include digital credentials—issued by Credly—which verify accomplishment. Learners can easily share their badges on LinkedIn and other social sites—and with employers and professional associations—to demonstrate their commitment to continuous learning and growth.
- Lesson 1 – What is Root Cause Analysis
- Lesson 2 – Common Problem-Solving Habits
- Lesson 3 – Root Cause Analysis Considerations
- Lesson 4 – Problem Definition and Breakdown
- Lesson 5 – The Foundation of Root Cause Analysis: Asking Why
- Lesson 6 – Identifying Potential Root Causes
- Lesson 7 – Fishbone Diagram
- Lesson 8 – Cause Tree
- Lesson 9 – Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
- Lesson 10 – Prioritizing Potential Root Causes
- Lesson 11 – Validating Potential Root Causes
- Lesson 12 – Quantitative Validation Charts and Graphs
- Lesson 13 – Multi-Vari Analysis
- Lesson 14 – Building and Sustaining Root Cause Analysis Mindsets