Whether you call them projects, opportunities, or gaps to be closed, organizations have problems—and people at every level are expected to be able to solve them. HOW an organization defines and solves problems is a critical success factor.
In this course, Karen Martin teaches better problem solving by asking the right questions. She takes learners through the steps of the proven problem-solving method PDSA: Plan-Do-Study-Adjust.
Whether organizations need game-changing countermeasures or just minor adjustments, consistent, structured problem solving provides the answer. Karen’s passion for defining and identifying gaps in performance energizes the course’s 13 lessons. What you’ll learn:
1. How to identify problems
2. How to address them methodically and consistently
3. Ways to engage individuals and leaders in problem solving
4. How to identify root causes
The uninterrupted viewing time for this course is 1 hour.
Licenses are valid for one learner only and are not transferable.
What You'll Earn
Learners who pass the final exam with a score of 70% or higher receive a signed, dated, and numbered course completion certificate and Achievement Badge.
TKMG Academy Achievement Badges include digital credentials—issued by Credly—which verify accomplishment. Learners can easily share their badges on LinkedIn and other social sites—and with employers and professional associations—to demonstrate their commitment to continuous learning and growth.
- Lesson 1 – Overview
- Lesson 2 – Plan-Do-Study-Adjust (PDSA) Defined
- Lesson 3 – PDSA in Use
- Lesson 4 – Problem-Solving Considerations
- Lesson 5 – Problem-Solving Questions
- Lesson 6 – Plan – Part 1 – Clarify
- Lesson 7 – Plan – Part 2 – Quantify
- Lesson 8 – Plan – Part 3 – Breakdown
- Lesson 9 – Plan – Part 4 – Current State
- Lesson 10 – Plan – Part 5 – Root Cause(s)
- Lesson 11 – Do
- Lesson 12 – Study and Adjust
- Lesson 13 – Roll Out