One of the most fundamental ways to create a high-performing workplace—and lock in the success of continuous improvement efforts—is to create a Visual Workplace.
A visual workplace guides employees to do the RIGHT thing at the RIGHT time. It reinforces best practices and promotes adherence to process standards, which leads to fewer errors, reduced risk of injury, and more consistent output quality.
Visuals make work easier to learn and perform, less costly, and more joyful to accomplish. And—because answers to workers’ questions are built into the workspace—it gives workers confidence.
In this course, you’ll learn:
• The four types of visuals and the accompanying questions that visual workplaces answer
• A six-step process for creating a visual workplace
• How to conduct a current state assessment to discover information gaps that visuals can fill
• The characteristics of effective visuals
• How to roll-out, sustain, and spread visuals to other parts of the organization
The uninterrupted viewing time for this course is 55 minutes.
Licenses are valid for one learner only and are not transferable.
What You'll Earn
Learners who pass the final exam with a score of 70% or higher receive a signed, dated, and numbered course completion certificate and Achievement Badge.
TKMG Academy Achievement Badges include digital credentials—issued by Credly—which verify accomplishment. Learners can easily share their badges on LinkedIn and other social sites—and with employers and professional associations—to demonstrate their commitment to continuous learning and growth.
- Lesson 1 – Visual Workplace – Definition & Benefits
- Lesson 2 – Type 1 Visuals – Identify
- Lesson 3 – Type 2 Visuals – Inform
- Lesson 4 – Type 3 Visuals – Instruct – Part 1
- Lesson 5 – Type 3 Visuals – Instruct – Part 2
- Lesson 6 – Type 4 Visuals – Plan
- Lesson 7 – Creating a Visual Workplace – Step 1
- Lesson 8 – Creating a Visual Workplace – Step 2
- Lesson 9 – Creating a Visual Workplace – Steps 3-4
- Lesson 10 – Creating a Visual Workplace – Steps 5-6
- Lesson 11 – Countering Resistance to a Visual Workplace
- Lesson 12 – Sustaining the Visual Workplace