Lean management is a multi-faceted, holistic, and proven system of excellence-producing management practices. Based on the Toyota Production System, Lean management is being practiced with varying degrees of success by organizations in nearly every industry.
In this course, Karen shares the philosophy and six interconnected components that, when consistently performed, create outstanding organizations.
You will learn:
1. What it takes to experience the performance gains that are possible
2. Ten foundational principles behind Lean management
3. Common misconceptions about Lean management
4. Six interconnected components that create Lean enterprises
5. Considerations when approaching organizational transformation into a Lean enterprise
The course includes an assessment you can use to clarify the current state of your organization, which becomes the input for developing a transformation strategy and action plan.
The uninterrupted viewing time for this course is 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Licenses are valid for one learner only and are not transferable. All learners must have their own license to view the course.
What You'll Earn
Learners who pass the final exam with a score of 70% or higher receive a signed, dated, and numbered course completion certificate and Achievement Badge.
TKMG Academy Achievement Badges include digital credentials—issued by Credly—which verify accomplishment. Learners can easily share their badges on LinkedIn and other social sites—and with employers and professional associations—to demonstrate their commitment to continuous learning and growth.
- Lesson 1 – History & Context
- Lesson 2 – Foundational Principles – Part 1
- Lesson 3 – Foundational Principles – Part 2
- Lesson 4 – Lean Management System Components
- Lesson 5 – Common Misconceptions
- Lesson 6 – Strategy & Strategy Deployment
- Lesson 7 – Management Practices
- Lesson 8 – Work Systems
- Lesson 9 – Problem Solving & Continuous Improvement
- Lesson 10 – People
- Lesson 11 – Leadership & Culture
- Lesson 12 – Transformation Considerations