For many organizations, managing the physical supplies, parts, and materials needed to deliver value to customers is an afterthought or poorly done.
The result? Wasted money, the risk of human harm, and unhappy customers. For an organization to perform at top levels, inventory needs to be tightly managed.
This course provides the principles and best practices for establishing and managing highly effective storage areas—whether large complex warehouses, small closets and cabinets, or your backyard shed.
You will learn:
1. How to establish a high-performing storage strategy
2. Layout, safety, and ergonomic design considerations
3. Key factors in setting inventory levels
4. The best replenishment methods
5. And the most common metrics to assess your storage system’s performance
What You'll Earn
Learners who pass the final exam with a score of 70% or higher receive a signed, dated, and numbered course completion certificate and Achievement Badge.
TKMG Academy Achievement Badges include digital credentials—issued by Credly—which verify accomplishment. Learners can easily share their badges on LinkedIn and other social sites—and with employers and professional associations—to demonstrate their commitment to continuous learning and growth.
- Lesson 1 – Introduction
- Lesson 2 – The inventory lifecycle
- Lesson 3 – Storage goals – Part 1
- Lesson 4 – Storage goals – Part 2
- Lesson 5 – Safety & environmental considerations
- Lesson 6 – Space & layout – Part 1
- Lesson 7 – Space & layout – Part 2
- Lesson 8 – Transportation considerations
- Lesson 9 – Tactical storage considerations – Part 1
- Lesson 10 – Tactical storage considerations – Part 2
- Lesson 11 – Determining inventory levels – Part 1
- Lesson 12 – Determining inventory levels – Part 2
- Lesson 13 – Replenishment methods
- Lesson 14 – Staffing considerations
- Lesson 15 – Key Performance Indicators
- Lesson 16 – Summary