Achieving excellence in physical goods inventory management is one of the most crucial areas of running a business.
Poor inventory management results in:
• Stockouts, which cause delayed service and delivery to customers
• Excess inventory, which creates poor cash flow and wasted money
• And excess labor effort needed to cope with the follow-on problems that stockouts and excess inventory create
Kanban is a disciplined and highly effective “pull system” for managing supplies, parts, raw materials, and finished goods. Inventory levels are determined based on precise criteria. Materials are replenished 1:1 as they’re consumed.
This course describes the benefits of and how-to steps for establishing a high-performing two-bin kanban system.
It also includes Key Course Takeaways and four templates: Kanban Project Charter, Kanban Project Plan, Kanban Calculator, and Kanban Audit Worksheet.
What You'll Earn
Learners who pass the final exam with a score of 70% or higher receive a signed, dated, and numbered course completion certificate and Achievement Badge.
TKMG Academy Achievement Badges include digital credentials—issued by Credly—which verify accomplishment. Learners can easily share their badges on LinkedIn and other social sites—and with employers and professional associations—to demonstrate their commitment to continuous learning and growth.
- Lesson 1 – Kanban defined
- Lesson 2 – Kanban benefits
- Lesson 3 – Kanban basics & terminology
- Lesson 4 – Roadmap for success – Part 1
- Lesson 5 – Roadmap for success – Part 2
- Lesson 6 – Step 1 – Obtain & analyze data – Part 1
- Lesson 7 – Step 1 – Obtain & analyze data – Part 2
- Lesson 8 – Step 2 – Design the kanban system
- Lesson 9 – Step 3 – Install kanban & conduct trial run
- Lesson 10 – Step 4 – Train all parties
- Lesson 11 – Step 5 – Manage & sustain the kanban system