Organizations are continuously looking for ways to increase revenue, market share and yes, profit. One of the most fundamental ways organizations can improve performance is to adopt a relentless focus on the elimination of waste. In this course Jennifer Panco teaches about the most common types of wastes, known as the Eight Wastes. She also instructs how to identify the three conditions to be avoided—wastefulness, unevenness, and overburden. Eliminating waste is a powerful tool in performance improvement, creating a better workplace for employees and increasing value for customers. What you’ll learn:
1. What customers value
2. What waste looks like in organizations
3. The difference between value-adding activities and non-value adding activities
4. How to identify and eliminate waste and waste-generating conditions in your organization
The uninterrupted viewing time for this course is 1 hour and 3 minutes.
Licenses are valid for one learner only and are not transferable.
What You’ll Earn
When you pass the final exam with a score of 70% or higher, you’ll receive a signed and dated course completion certificate and earn an Achievement Badge.
TKMG Academy Achievement Badges are digital credentials, which verify your continued commitment to learning and development. Learners can share them on LinkedIn and other social sites, and add them to resumes and email signatures, validating their commitment to continuous improvement and growth.
- Lesson 1 – Value: What it is and Why it Matters
- Lesson 2 – Value-Adding and Non-Value-Adding Activities
- Lesson 3 – Types of Waste
- Lesson 4 – Overproduction
- Lesson 5 – Over-Processing
- Lesson 6 – Waiting
- Lesson 7 – Errors
- Lesson 8 – Inventory
- Lesson 9 – Motion
- Lesson 10 – Transportation
- Lesson 11 – Lost Creativity
- Lesson 12 – Mura (Unevenness)
- Lesson 13 – Muri (Overburdening)
- Lesson 14 – Seeing Waste
- Lesson 15 – Eliminating Waste