Organizations are continuously looking for ways to increase revenue, market share and yes, profit. One of the most fundamental ways organizations can improve performance is to adopt a relentless focus on the elimination of waste. In this course Jennifer Panco teaches about the most common types of wastes, known as the Eight Wastes. She also instructs how to identify the three conditions to be avoided—wastefulness, unevenness, and overburden. Eliminating waste is a powerful tool in performance improvement, creating a better workplace for employees and increasing value for customers. What you’ll learn:
1. What customers value
2. What waste looks like in organizations
3. The difference between value-adding activities and non-value adding activities
4. How to identify and eliminate waste and waste-generating conditions in your organization
The uninterrupted viewing time for this course is 1 hour and 3 minutes.
Licenses are valid for one learner only and are not transferable or shareable.
This course is available with Latin Spanish subtitles and handouts.
What You'll Earn
Learners who pass the final exam with a score of 70% or higher receive a signed, dated, and numbered course completion certificate and Achievement Badge.
TKMG Academy Achievement Badges include digital credentials—issued by Credly—which verify accomplishment. Learners can easily share their badges on LinkedIn and other social sites—and with employers and professional associations—to demonstrate their commitment to continuous learning and growth.
- Lesson 1 – Value: What it is and Why it Matters
- Lesson 2 – Value-Adding and Non-Value-Adding Activities
- Lesson 3 – Types of Waste
- Lesson 4 – Overproduction
- Lesson 5 – Over-Processing
- Lesson 6 – Waiting
- Lesson 7 – Errors
- Lesson 8 – Inventory
- Lesson 9 – Motion
- Lesson 10 – Transportation
- Lesson 11 – Lost Creativity
- Lesson 12 – Mura (Unevenness)
- Lesson 13 – Muri (Overburdening)
- Lesson 14 – Seeing Waste
- Lesson 15 – Eliminating Waste